Strengths: This new version of Norton Antivirus is especially good at finding and taking care of malware. It not only gets it off your computer whenever it is detected, but also helps to block it from appearing in the first place, so you won't have to deal with it. There are not many programs that claim to be able to do this, but this one has gone above and beyond most antivirus programs. It also has an extremely effective parental control feature which allows parents to filter certain content on the Internet to protect young users.
When you activate this program on your computer, you will also be able to block websites that are meant for phishing to collect sensitive information. This program also comes with a strong firewall that is nearly impossible to penetrate. You will also be able to manage your passwords and private data to ensure that none of your information is duplicated and used inappropriately for marketing purposes.
Weaknesses: The application does take a lot to run, so you will want to make sure that you have a somewhat powerful machine. It uses a little bit more system memory than Norton Internet Security because of all the different features and how far-reaching it is. The registry cleaner also lacks some vital details which could help users to get the most out it.
The Verdict: With so many threats on the Internet, it can be hard to keep yourself and your system totally protected, but with Norton, it becomes a little bit more possible. It's a great all-in-one application that can really help to prevent hackers from gaining access to your computer and causing a lot of damage. For everything it offers, it is a program for just about anyone who uses the Internet. Many people think that as long as they stay away from shady-looking websites they will not have problems with viruses, but the sad truth is that they are everywhere and hard to avoid without the right program like this one. So according to me, its a good Anti-Virus to install in your pc to be secure from potential threats!
Norton Antivirus Review
Symantec is the largest manufacturer of security software for computers in the world. It has been around since 1982 and has been a household name for many years providing antivirus protection for millions.
Symantec Norton AntiVirus provides protection for both Windows and Macintosh systems. And it ensures it protects these operating systems from all kinds of malware threats including viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, keyloggers, adware, pop-ups and much more.
There are many technologies that have been included in Norton AntiVirus and the key ones are antivirus, anti-spyware, bot protection, Norton plus updates, anti-rootkit, Network Mapping and Monitoring, Norton Reputation Service and SONAR3 behaviour protection. And these features combine to protect your PC from the latest viruses, spyware and other malware threats. And they provide fast powerful online protection to shield you from cyber attacks. It also allows you to chat, e-mail and share files online without worrying about infections.
Norton has improved considerably over the years and many of the problems that plagued it in the past have largely disappeared. One problem it had, was its scanner which was a resource hog and would slow down the PC to a crawl during scans and updates. And this was one of the main complaints against Norton in the past in online customer reviews.
We've included below the pros and cons found in Norton AntiVirus and you should check them out before downloading the software:
1. Norton scores high on usability and protection of Windows XP according to AV-Test.
2. The interface allows you to shield the most complicated components that you may not want to use.
3. It has received awards from AV-Comparatives and West Coast Labs for antivirus desktop and anti-Trojan tests.
4. It scans your Facebook newsfeed to discover unsafe links or dangerous downloads.
5. Norton is quick to install and doesn't consume memory and CPU resources.
6. It detects when you connect over a 3G network and stops any updates that aren't essential so that you don't pay your carrier for excess data.
7. Norton AntiVirus is now cloud-based and you can install, transfer and update your software from anywhere on the Internet.
1. The antiphishing feature in Norton AntiVirus is basic and you'll need to upgrade to the internet security package for a better version of this software.
2. Norton is still a problem to uninstall and leaves files in your registry when you remove it.
Thus if you are ready to purchase Norton Antivirus or any of Symantec's security suite, perhaps you should take advantage of some of the promotional offers below. Just click on the promotional offer that interests you, and the coupon snippet will activate the promotional offer for you.